Are you exercising too much and your metabolism is running extra laps?
The classic three meals a day are by no means enough to meet your energy needs. But before you get down to work to grab the snack box, Gym Aesthetics recommends these three fitness snacks to make yourself. Super easy to prepare, extremely healthy and tasty on top. This is how you charge your batteries and satisfy your cravings. You can therefore give full throttle again later in training.
1. Energy balls: the power supplier before the workout
- 120 g Cashew nuts
- 120 g ground almonds
- 7 pcs dried dates (unsweetened)
- 100 g dried raisins and / or cranberries (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 11.1 g carbohydrates
- 3.4 g protein
- 8.2 g fat
- 128 kcal
- Crush the cashew nuts in the blender until they have the consistency of the ground almonds and mix both together.
- Now add the cranberries, dates, raisins and vanilla and puree everything on a medium heat. In between, stop the mixer and pour any mass from the edge back into the center of the mixer so that everything is really mixed together. Tip: If the mass is too lumpy at the end, add half or a whole tablespoon of water.
- Now pour the mixture into a bowl and knead it again with your hands. Use the tablespoon or an ice cream scoop to make balls out of the dough. The ingredients should be enough for about 15 balls.
- Finally, place the balls in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
2. So much for sandwiches: fitness breads for real powerful person
Let’s start with the most important thing: bread. It is best to reach for wholemeal bread. In terms of calories, you are higher than most light breads, but at the same time you get more fiber and, as a side effect, whole-grain bread also stabilizes your blood sugar level. Consequence: You stay full longer and avoid further cravings.
- 2 Slices of whole wheat bread
- ½ Avocado
- 100 g Chickpeas (canned)
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Handful of arugula
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- 1 Splash of lemon juice
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika powder
- Cress (optional)
- ca. 599 kcal
- ca. 58 g Carbohydrates
- ca. 19 g protein
- ca. 28 g fat
- Put the chickpeas, tahini, and the spices in a bowl and blend them into humus with a hand blender. Then spread the humus on a slice of bread and top with rocket.
- Halve and hollow out the avocados. Now mix the avocado mass with lemon juice and season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Now spread the avocado spread on the other slice of bread and then top it with the tomato slices. Garnish with cress if you like and fold together with the humus disc to form a sandwich.
3. Smoover energy booster: Homemade superfood smoothies
You should eat five different kinds of fruit a day to stay fit. Not that easy with all the stress at work. Smoothies are the ideal solution. Combine the five types of fruit into one drink and sip the power cocktail away. Smoothies are mixed drinks made from fruits, vegetables, water, tea or juice. There are no limits to creativity, your taste decides what tastes good and what doesn’t.
Since the drinks only contain natural fructose and no preservatives, they are also super healthy. Combined with superfoods, such as Lúcuma, your smoothie gets an extra healthy kick. Lúcumas are sweet fruits that are rich in valuable nutrients such as carbohydrates, vitamins, fiber and minerals. This promotes your digestion, your cardiovascular and immune systems.
Ingredients for a date maca smoothie with lúcuma:
- ¼ Cup of pecans
- 3-4 Dates
- 1 Pear, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Lúcuma powder
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 1 ½ Cups of almond milk
- 2 Tbsp cocoa nibs
- 2 Cups of coconut water
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
Put all the ingredients in the blender and puree it. But do not puree too long as important vitamins could be lost as the device warms up. Then put them in the fridge, smoothies taste best when they are cool. Since there are no preservatives, homemade smoothies do not last long. Ergo: use up quickly.
Tip: Add the chia seeds just before consumption, otherwise they will swell too much and the smoothie will be too thick. It is also recommended to take the smoothie two hours before or after a real meal so that digestion is not disturbed in combination with other foods.